This How to Clean a Bathroom Checklist and free printable will give you a step-by-step guide for cleaning your bathroom effectively. All you need to do is print this checklist, gather your supplies, and start cleaning.
Feel free to laminate this checklist and re-use it week to week with a dry erase marker or simply print out a new one any time you want to feel accomplished as you clean your bathroom.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist Supplies
It’s helpful to keep your cleaning supplies in one place. We recommend getting a basket or a bucket and filling it with items you only use to clean your bathroom. That way, you’re never looking for a cleaning spray that you accidentally left in the kitchen.
Having your supplies in one place will help you stay organized and help clean your bathroom and go much faster. Below is a list of supplies you will likely need.
- Microfiber cloths
- Paper towel
- All-purpose cleaner
- Toilet brush
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Trash bag
Keep in mind that you don’t have to use everything on this list. You’re free to swap things out for your preferred cleaning supplies.
So, if you prefer sponges over microfiber cloths, go with what you’re used to. If you have one spray cleaner that you use on glass and the rest of your bathroom, that works too! Or, if you like using a duster better than microfiber cloths, that’s ok too!
This is just a basic list of cleaning supplies, but it is by no means intended to prevent you from using your favorite products and cleaning tools.
Need to clean the whole house? Try this house cleaning checklist.
The Bathroom Cleaning Checklist: A Step-by-Step Guide
Below is a step-by-step guide for cleaning your bathroom.
Clean the Vanity
- Dust the light fixtures
- Spray the mirror with glass cleaner
- Wipe the mirror with a microfiber cloth
- Spray the faucet and faucet handles with all-purpose cleaner
- Spray the sink with all-purpose cleaner
- Wipe the faucet, handles, and sink with a microfiber cloth
Clean the Tub/Shower
- Spray the showerhead with all-purpose cleaner
- If your shower head needs a deep clean, you can fill a ziplock bag with vinegar and tie it on with a rubber band. You can let it sit for several hours and then take off the bag and wipe the showerhead clean with a microfiber cloth.
- Spray the sides of your tub with an all-purpose cleaner and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
- Spray your tub with an all-purpose cleaner and wipe with a microfiber cloth.
Clean the Toilet
- Spray and wipe the toilet, including lifting up the lid and cleaning underneath.
- Add toilet bowl cleaner to the toilet.
- Scrub the toilet with a toilet brush.
If your toilet needs a deeper clean, here is how to remove black mold from your toilet.
Clean the Floor
- Pick up all trash and/or toys on the floor.
- Sweep the floor thoroughly, including behind your toilet.
- Once your floor is clean, mop and allow to dry
Tips for Cleaning Your Bathroom
(Check out more of our top cleaning tips here.)
In general, it’s best to clean your bathroom from the top down. What that means is dust the highest parts of your bathroom first. So, clean your light fixtures before you sweep and mop the floor.
If you do it in reverse order, you risk dust and dirt getting on your floors, which means you’ll have to clean them again.
The same is true for cleaning your shower. Clean showerheads and tile shower walls first, and then clean your bathtub last. Again, this helps move dirt and grime downwards so you can finish with a squeaky clean bathtub.
The last task you should do in your bathroom is to take out trash and then sweep and mop your floors. You don’t want to leave old trash in your bathroom because that can make even a sparkling clean bathroom smell bad.
As an added bonus, consider replacing your toilet paper roll and spraying with an air freshener before you leave. That will give your bathroom a fresh, hotel room feel.
How to Clean a Bathroom Checklist Free Printable
Enjoy this How to Clean a Bathroom Checklist on us. Simply download the free printable, save it to your computer, and use it as many times as you like. We hope you enjoy it! Happy cleaning!
Done with the bathroom? We also have a kitchen cleaning checklist you can get if you want to tackle that next!
Related Bathroom Cleanin Tips and Tricks