Table of Contents
Best Mop for Laminate Floors
Keeping your house in order is the first step to keeping your mind in order, and a clean floor is often overlooked. Nothing is more dreadful than dust and dirt building up at the soles of your feet. You deserve an immaculate floor so that you can enjoy the freedom of walking around barefoot.
What better way to clean your floor than with a specially designed mop? It certainly beats the old one lying around. However, choosing the right mop to suit your home flooring and personal preferences can be a task. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the Best Mop for Laminate Floors to help you on your journey to that shiny bright floor.
- Removes Over 99% Of Bacteria W/ Just Water
- Hands-Free Wringing
- Machine Washable
- Deep Cleaning Microfiber
- Safe For All Hard Flooring, Including Finished Hardwood, Wood, Laminate, Tile, Etc
- Reaches In Corners
- 3 Refills
- Telescopic Handle That Extends Up To 48 Inches
Best Dust Mop: O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
- Removes 99% of bacteria with just water. No soap required.
- Designed for mopping wood, tile, vinyl, and laminate floors
- The microfiber mop pad captures more dirt and grime than a regular mop.
- Hands-free wringing makes the mopping process easy and allows you to switch between wet mopping and damp mopping easily.
- The design of the mop head allows you to easily clean corners.
- Item comes with three extra mop heads, each lasting three months of mopping to save you time and money.
- Does not have wheels on the mop bucket.
- No spray head included.
Overall O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop Review
When it comes to the best mops for laminate floors, it doesn’t get much better than microfiber mops. However, O-Cedar’s EasyWring spin mop takes things to the next level by incorporating a triangle head design to tackle complex corner tasks. You can also easily switch between a dry mop, damp mop, or wet mop using the hands-free wringing with a splash guard. It simply requires you to spin the mop while pressing the lever down with your foot.
Perhaps the only thing keeping this excellent mop from a 5-star rating is that it does not include wheels on the bucket, leading to some users struggling to move it, especially when the bucket is full of water.
Nonetheless, the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop excels in every other way, and we can attest to its incredible cleaning capabilities. In particular, getting the job done on laminate floors which can be a little trickier to clean.
Rated 4.7-stars on Amazon by almost 50,000 global reviews, this mop is easy to assemble, use, and clean. It may just be what you are looking for to keep your laminate floor nice and shiny for the long run. See what people are saying about this fantastic mop by O-Cedar by clicking down below!
Professional Dredge Microfiber Flat Mop
- Large 18-inch base results in more floor space cleaned for less effort.
- No bucket is required. Just soak the microfiber pad with water under the sink.
- Easy to use and maneuver with a low-profile swivel head that can easily get beneath your furniture.
- There is no need to bend over as the telescoping handle allows you to adjust the height between 29 and 62 inches.
- Microfiber pads clean deep, are easy to clean, and are environmentally friendly, lasting a long time in your home.
- No spray head included.
- Not suitable for wet mopping.
Overall Professional Dredge Microfiber Flat Mop Review
The Dredge Microfiber Flat Mop by Temples Pride is the perfect solution for dry or damp mopping, as it utilizes microfiber pads instead of the usual spaghetti-type mop head. These special mop pads combine with an adjustable handle that makes it super easy to get under challenging surfaces such as couches and tables without the need to move your furniture around all the time.
Keep in mind, this is not the best mop for jobs that require a lot of water as the mop pad will become useless with too much water. However, so long as you maintain your floors using microfiber mop pads, you are unlikely even to need heavy water mopping.
Amazon reviews rate the Professional Dredge Flat Mop a strong 4.5-stars by over 3,000 global users of the product. Easy to use, easy to clean, and great for laminate or hardwood floors. The Professional Dredge is among the best for damp and dry mopping tasks. See what people are saying about this fantastic mop from Temples Pride using the link below!
Best Steam Mop: PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner
- Steam cleaner mop allows you to pierce through tough dirt using heat and moisture.
- Multi-purpose capabilities with a vast range of interchangeable mop pads allow it to be used on tiles, hardwood, vinyl, laminate, and even carpet floors.
- It also cleans glass, windows, mirrors, and even steams garments to get wrinkles out.
- Light and maneuverable with three adjustable modes to cater to specific steam levels to suit your needs.
- 11.5 oz reservoir allows for 20-25 minutes of steaming before refilling is required.
- Not suitable for water-heavy mopping.
- May be difficult to clean tough areas such as corners.
Overall PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner Review
Steam mops may be a concept difficult to get your head around for some people, mainly if the idea is new to you. However, steam mops have something unique to offer that ordinary mops cannot. They can clean even more surfaces, including carpet. They can even steam garments and clean windows.
You can easily clean windows by changing the mop head to a window squeegee. Likewise, use the different nozzles to steam your clothes and take out stubborn wrinkles.
Indeed, it is arguably the best steam mop deep cleaning solution you’ll find in the world of cleaning appliances. From its success as a floor cleaner to its excellent results with mirrors, windows, and steaming clothes, this chemical-free steam mop is safe for you and the family, suiting anyone with children or pets in the house.
A 4.3-star Amazon rating barely does it justice, but this mop is highly regarded for its versatility, deep cleaning, and effectiveness on hardwood floors. About 40,000 global users of this mop are flooding the comments section with their thoughts, see it all with the link below!
Related: House cleaning checklist
Best Spray Mop: Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
- The extra-large mop head can clean 40% faster than leading competitors.
- 34 oz spray bottle provides a cleaning solution as you are mopping to eliminate bacteria more thoroughly and guarantee a safe and hygienic environment for you and your family.
- The cartridge is refillable, meaning you don’t need to buy a new one each time you run out.
- Machine washable pads make it easy to clean and eliminate the need to replace with a new one each cycle as with disposable mop pads.
- Fine mist spray applies the perfect amount of solution to your floor without causing damage from over-saturation.
- Not suitable for tasks that require large amounts of water to be applied.
- Mop head may “flop over” if too much force is exerted, so use with care.
Overall Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop Review
Look no further than the Bona Stone Premium Spray Mop for those looking for a deeper clean. You can apply your own cleaning solution to your floor and your favorite fragrances. Suitable for those with a laminate floor, it comes with a microfiber mop head that collects all kinds of dirt, including pet hair. You’ll find great results coming your way with this spray head mop available at an affordable price.
Of course, you don’t want to rely on my word alone, so you may find peace of mind to know the global rating from Amazon reviews. This mop is rated 4.6-stars for a convincingly well-performing product, highly regarded for its maneuverability, ease of cleaning, and reusable absorbent pads.
I would recommend this mop to anyone who prefers spray heads over a bucket or steamer and those who are happy to use their cleaning solution or the one provided by Bona. See what over 22,000 global customers say about the Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop now!
Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Microfiber Floor Mop
- Durable and lightweight mop designed with an ergonomic construction.
- There is plenty of variety in mop pads, including microfiber pad, dust cleaning pad, and scrubbing pad.
- Comes with 2 refillable bottles that allow you to apply your own unique cleaning solutions to suit your particular floor surface.
- 50% more dirt pick-up per swipe with this microfiber mopping pad than traditional mops.
- Non-battery operated spray trigger applies as much or as little cleaning solution as needed.
- Does not include its own cleaning solution.
- Handle height cannot be adjusted.
Overall Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Microfiber Floor Mop Review
The Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop is top of the range for ergonomics. In addition, people are saying great things about its extraordinary handle and spray combo. The mop head can spin and rotate from the handle, allowing you to spray at many different angles, making for a convenient and practical mopping experience.
The spray trigger is ergonomic and does not require batteries to operate, making for an easy-to-use solution to your cleaning solution needs. Additionally, several changeable mop heads allow you to do more than regular mopping. This includes using scrubber heads for more sticky messes and tough stains.
Rated a strong 4.6-stars on Amazon from over 8,000 global reviews, the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Microfiber Floor Mop receives plenty of praise. It is easy to use, provides a deeper clean, and has highly absorbant microfiber pads. However, I would advise against this mop if you are shorter, as it does not have an adjustable telescoping handle.
Of course, even if you are on the shorter side, you can still make this mop work by adjusting your approach to cleaning. Read what the 8,000+ customers are saying about this excellent mop using the link to Amazon’s review page below!
Best Electric: BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop, Blue
- Eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria without using harsh chemicals.
- SmartSet Steam Control enables light cleaning to heavy messes.
- Swivel steering and a long power cord allow you to clean tough areas over a large distance.
- Deluxe mop pad kit comes with a washable soft mop pad, washable scrubby mop pad, and Spring breeze fragrance discs to equip you ready for any damp or dry cleaning task.
- Suitable for many surfaces, including hardwood, ceramic, granite, marble, and linoleum.
- 2-year warranty by BISSELL.
- Not specifically designed for laminate floors, but it still produces excellent results there.
- Not suitable for more water-based mopping.
Overall BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop Review
BISSELL is a renowned manufacturer of leading mop products on the market and offers a variety of cleaning tools to suit just about any need in the house. They’ve produced the Powerfresh Steam Mop this time, which excels at tackling tough and sticky stains and delivering a chemical-free clean.
The best part about this mop is the scents it produces using its fragrance discs. This makes it the perfect cleaning tool for when guests are coming over or when you want to enjoy the fresh fragrances.
It comes as no surprise that this mop is rated a well-above-average score of 4.6-stars on Amazon reviews and by a massive 36,000 global customers who testify to its benefits. For laminate floor owners, you will want to read the comments on how people in similar situations found this product because the brand itself advertise their benefits to cater more towards hardwood floors.
Thus, I would not overlook this product just yet because it certainly delivers results in cleaning laminate floors too, at least as far as customer reviews go. Check out what the people are saying about the BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop using the link down below!
BISSELL SpinWave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop
- Spin technology rotates the mop head for an effortless clean that is more effective than the traditional style of mopping.
- On-demand spray trigger allows you to control how much formula is applied to your floor during mopping.
- A silent engine allows for quiet, non-disruptive mopping while using the SpinWave.
- Lightweight and great maneuverability at just 11 pounds and built with swivel steering for easy cleaning and effective results.
- Washable microfiber pads can be cleaned using a washing machine and reused.
- Great for laminate, hardwood, timber, and vinyl floors.
- 2-year warranty by BISSELL.
- Requires cord and power source to operate.
- Not suitable for wet mopping tasks as mop pads are ineffective when soaked.
Overall BISSELL SpinWave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop Review
All things considered, the SpinWave is another great mop from BISSELL but differs significantly in how it works when compared to the Powerfresh Steam Mop. Unlike most mops, the SpinWave provides a rotational force using a dual-sided mop head that cleans in a circular motion to produce optimal results.
These mop pads rotate in opposing directions to compliment each other and ensure that every piece of dirt is picked up and each corner of your home is nice and shiny.
Suitable for hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and timber floors, the BISSELL SpinWave is rated a strong 4.5-stars by over 9,000 global customer reviews on Amazon. Indeed, this mop is highly praised by the people and excels in delivering outstanding cleaning results for various floor surfaces and textures using its Multi-Surface Formula and easy-fill water tank.
In essence, you should go for the SpinWave if you prefer to clean your floors with chemicals and detergents instead of just plain water as the BISSELL steam mop does. Again, it comes down to personal preference. See what the customer reviews have to say using the link below!
OGORI Electric Mop
- Cordless mop with dual motors that spin at 220r/min for a highly effective clean.
- 300ml water tank that sprays water or your choice of cleaning solution with the press of a button.
- Two microfiber mop pads are thick and enable great results with wet and dry mopping.
- LED headlights allow for precision cleaning and closing in on corners.
- Swivel steering allows for greater maneuverability and makes it easy to tackle corners and areas underneath furniture.
- Adjustable height makes it easy to use for a variety of users and also makes it easy and convenient to store.
- 12-month worry-free warranty by OGORI.
- Requires battery to be charged for use.
Overall OGORI Electric Mop Review
This mop by OGORI is one of the best laminate floor mops on the market today, with state-of-the-art technology and design that makes the cleaning process highly effective, efficient, and enjoyable. Not many electric mops come with an LED light to support you in the process. Even better is the lack of a cord, which makes it easy to cover your whole house while eliminating electrical cords can cause.
Highly suitable for deep cleaning laminate and hardwood floors, this excellent microfiber mop is rated 4.5-stars by almost 200 Amazon reviews worldwide. The broad mop heads make it easy to deep clean laminate floors, and the extra mop pads provided means you can tackle a variety of cleaning tasks for different surfaces.
This is especially useful if you have a house with different floors for some rooms and bathrooms. Check out what these lovely customers are saying about the OGORI Electric Mop and get yours using the link below:
Best Budget Microfiber Mop: Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- Strong microfiber pads with micro-gripping technology and ultra-absorbent wicking fibers are great for wet messes and trapping dirt and pet hair.
- 360-degree rotating mop head makes mopping laminate floors a cinch with maximum flexibility and adaptability to your home’s unique interior design and furniture layout.
- The mop pads are reusable and washable and can be interchanged between scrubbing pads and microfiber mop pads to suit any cleaning task.
- The mop pads are compatible with the Swiffer wet mop, Shark, Bonna, BISSELL, Libman, O-Cedar, and many other brands.
- The aluminum alloy handle is adjustable between 35 and 60-inches to suit all kinds of users.
- No spray head or bottle included.
- No auto-clean features like spinning mop heads or steam cleaning.
Overall Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System Review
The Turbo Microfiber Mop boasts one of the best handle and mop head systems on offer today. Built with a 360-degree rotational mop head, adjustable aluminum alloy handle, and a detachable mount head. This mop is one of the easiest to use, maneuver, and store in the tightest of spaces in your home.
It covers a range of floor surfaces, including laminate, stone, tile, hardwood, bamboo, cement, vinyl, and drywall. The Turbo Microfiber Mop can do wonders for homeowners with a range of different floorings in each room. It would also make for a great all-in-one solution for those with lots of different floor types, as the mop easily adapts to most floors.
Rated 4.6-stars on Amazon reviews by more than 16,000 customers worldwide, you’ll likely have a splendid time with this multi-purpose cleaner that excels as a wet or dry mop as desired. So naturally, I’d recommend this product to those seeking something easy to use and daring in its capabilities to tackle difficult situational cleaning challenges.
To sum it up, this mop excels best in its design and construction of the handle and mop head, which are highly durable and versatile in its use. See what the thousands of customers are saying about this fantastic mop from Turbo with the link below!
Best iRobot Laminate Floor Mop
- Computerized technology that automatically mops your floor for you without the need for manual labor on your end.
- They are designed to clean all types of floors, including hardwood, tile, and stone.
- iAdapt 2.0 with Navigation Cube keeps track of where the Braava mop has been and where it needs to go, ensuring that no efforts are wasted.
- Mop mode provides triple-pass mopping action with damp cleaning cloths that eliminate dirt and grime using water or cleaning solution.
- Sweep mode mops in a straight line back and forth to pick up dust, dirt, and hair.
- Requires two hours of charging to reach full battery.
- Maybe hazardous around children and pets.
Overall iRobot Laminate Floor Mop Review
The iRobot Bravaa Laminate Floor Mop is unlike any of the mops on this list and introduces an entirely new dynamic to the way you do your mopping. Using iAdapt navigation technology, this smart mop gets to work at the mere press of a button, traveling around your home and sweeping away any dirt encountered along the way.
Built with a mop mode and a sweep mode and coming in with several microfiber mop pads, you can tackle various cleaning tasks. This includes damp mopping, deep scrubbing, and even some dry sweeping, making the iRobot an all-in-one replacement for your regular mops and brooms.
This smart mop truly takes away the painful labor on your part, and once you get it moving, you can focus on more important matters. For instance, when you’re running around preparing your home for your beloved guests, you can simply have your iRobot mop clean the floors of your home while you tend to your make-up!
Nobody likes to be too exhausted from manual cleaning to enjoy quality time with family and friends. If you see yourself in this exact situation, I’d highly recommend the iRobot Braava for all your mopping needs. Rated 4-stars on Amazon reviews by over 4,000 global customers, you can get your hands on this fantastic mop at an affordable price using the link down below. Enjoy some real customer reviews to get a better scope of what you’re in for!
What Are Laminate Floors?
Laminate floors are essentially a way of simulating wooden floors to eliminate the weaknesses of said floors and optimize the unique benefits of laminate flooring. The inner core typically comprises melamine resin and fibreboard materials, while the outer layer is “laminated” with a clear protective texture made from a photographic applique.
The benefits of laminate flooring are cost-effective, resilient to damage, and immensely aesthetically appealing in design. Additionally, they’re relatively easy to install and can often be done without hiring a professional due to their simplistic nature.
The surface is smoother than ordinary wood and can stay cooler during hot temperatures. They also have a nice glossy look that gives off a shiny exterior finish to go along with it.
Why Buy A Mop For Laminate Floors?
Keeping your laminate floors clean is not a super-complex task, though it does help to have specific cleaning products and tools to maximize the results of cleaning such floor surfaces. Since laminate floors are smoother and glossier than the average floor surface, you will need a specific laminate floor cleaner to keep that glossy finish solid and smooth.
In addition, your “laminate mop” choice should be something that won’t cause too much pressure on the floor as you mop because these types of floors are susceptible to damage, mainly referring to the outer layer.
Do Laminate Floors Need A Special Mop?
While they may be resilient to damage from dropping heavy objects on the floor, laminate floors can still experience corrosion or other types of chemical-related harm if not mopped carefully. As such, a soft microfiber mop typically works better than a string mop when cleaning your laminate floor.
The mop head is made up of finer strings with smaller diameters than regular mop heads, resulting in less pressure on the laminate flooring and more cleaning. So the short answer is that your laminate floor does not need a special mop, but it is highly recommended.
What To Look For When Buying A Laminate Floor Mop
The most widely available and highly effective mop pad you should go for when catering toward your laminate floor is a soft microfiber mop pad. As discussed in the previous section, this will help reduce the damage to your laminate floor by minimizing the pressure applied. In addition, it picks up more dirt and grime than a regular mop due to the finer strings of the mop head.
The weight of your mop should ideally be as light as possible, not only because it will make your own life easier, but it also helps minimize pressure to your laminate floor in the same way that the microfiber mop pads do. I would recommend anything between 10-15 pounds, as any heavier starts to wear you and your floor out.
Your mop’s handle requirements will differ from person to person, but I find it’s always better to invest in the ones with an adjustable telescoping handle. Even if you are at the optimal height to use your mop effectively, peculiar tasks are better served with a shorter or longer handle.
Also, having an adjustable handle enables people other than you to use the mop, whether friends, family members, or even a hired cleaner.
The best-performing mops always have a versatile mop head that can swivel and rotate in a 360-degree fashion to tackle the most challenging corners of your home. It also helps to have a spin mop such as the SpinWave series by BISSELL, as these can provide additional versatility in mopping. It can also reduce the effort needed on your part to get that floor sleek and shiny.
Types Of Laminate Floor Mops
These flat mops are your go-to for all tasks to do with sweeping. They are not designed for heavy-water mopping and are typically made to perform the same tasks as a broom while also tapping into some light mopping using damp mop pads. Dust mops excel at collecting dust, crumbs, and pet hair, becoming the optimal choice for light and easy cleaning tasks.
Spray mops are a notch above dust mops by the depth they can clean, providing a detergent or water-based cleaning solution. In addition, they often feature a trigger handle that allows you to control how much water or detergent is applied to the ground during the mopping process.
These mops are great for eliminating bacteria and getting into tough stains for a deeper clean. On the downside, you often need to provide your own cleaning solutions, particularly when the one that comes with your purchase runs out.
Steam mops are a different breed of mops altogether, providing a deeper clean using hot steam rather than cool water and detergent. As such, you can more easily break down dirt and sticky messes with this kind of mop. Even better still is that you can enjoy cleaning windows and steaming garments with these types of mops, particularly if they come with interchangeable mop heads.
On the downside, steam mops can’t perform the same tasks as wet mops. This includes more detergent-heavy or water-based mopping that eliminates bacteria and creates a good and glossy shine.
Perhaps the creme of the crop is the electric mop (that rhymed). You will find this type of mop to be the most labor-efficient there is, as much of the cleaning process is done for you. A great example of this is the SpinWave series by BISSELL, which incorporates dual mop heads that spin in opposing directions to give an all-out clean using microfiber pads.
Essentially, this eliminates the need for you to apply pressure and push the mop head up and down and tire out your arms in the process. Keep in mind these mops tend to be priced significantly higher than manual mops, though it can prove to be a worthwhile investment for the right customer.
Best Laminate Flooring Mop FAQ
What is the best way to clean laminate floors?
The best way to clean your laminate floors is with microfiber pads and a swivel head that enhances the maneuverability of your mop head to get into difficult corners and underneath furniture. Also, avoid using dirty water and apply cleaning solutions as preferred.
Is a spin mop good for laminate floors?
Yes, a spin mop can be highly effective for laminate floors, especially if combined with microfiber pads to reduce damage to the surface and enhance the cleaning process.
Do steam mops damage laminate flooring?
Typically, steam mops are not suitable for laminate flooring. However, some products address this issue by providing steam level control, so you don’t overdo the moisture and heat applied to your floor that often results in damage.
Do laminate floors need regular cleaning?
Laminate floors only need to be cleaned once every couple of months or so. Of course, the frequency of cleaning depends on the number of household members you have, pets, and young children that are susceptible to causing messes.
Are steam mops bad for laminate floors?
Generally speaking, steam mops are not so friendly to laminate floors. You should avoid them if they do not specify their compatibility with laminate flooring.
What mop is best for laminate floors?
There are so many choices out there for finding the best mops for laminate floors, and this list likely doesn’t even scratch the surface of what is truly out there. Nevertheless, we’ve come to a conclusion based on our own research and experiences with these mops that the best mop for laminate floors would have to be the O-Cedar EasyWring Spin mop.
This professional laminate microfiber mop goes back to basics using the bucket and mop combo, allowing you to control how wet the mop head is during cleaning. Unlike the “non-bucket” mops on this list, this one gives you the option of going all-in with wet mopping while also allowing you to dampen the microfiber mop head with a hands-free and splash-free wringing bucket.
The best part about this mop and what truly separates it from the rest (other than the obvious bucket, of course) is the triangular design of the mop head. You would be surprised how such a simple change in architecture can lead to enormously different results, and I mean that in a good way.
Extremely rated at 4.7-stars with almost 50,000 global customers attest to its excellent results and top-tier performance, I highly recommend the O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop for your next purchase!
Need more cleaning power? Check out our best vacuums under $200 article.