Granite Stone has taken the “As Seen on TV” world by storm. The non-stick surface is supposed to make all cooking easier, letting the food slide off without using oil or butter. But does it live up to the hype? We’re looking at some of their most popular cookware for our Granite Stone Cookware reviews to see how it measures up. Will these end up as great budget picks or not?
Granite Stone Cookware Reviews
- Complete Kitchen In A Box
- Extreme Nonstick
- Healthy & Non-Toxic
- Metal Utensil Safe
- Effortless Cleanup
- Dishwasher Safe
- Stovetop & Oven Safe
- Stay Cool Handles
Granite Stone Blue Cookware Review
20-piece blue aluminum pots and pans granite cookware set. Coated three times in their signature Granite Stone nonstick coating reinforced with diamonds for the ultimate nonstick experience. No oil or butter needed to work, making for an easier and healthier cooking experience that’s simple to clean up.
Full Cookware set including:
- Frying pans
- Stock pots with tempered glass lids
- Deep frying and casserole pan with steamer tray
- Fry basket with lid
Plus complete pro baking set with:
- Cookie sheet
- Jelly roll pan
- Loaf pan
- Muffin tin
- Square pan
- Extreme nonstick surfaces. Triple coated and reinforced with diamonds.
- Healthy and non-toxic coating. Derived from natural minerals, the cookware is free of PFOA, PFOS, lead & cadmium, making it safe for the whole family.
- Safe for use with metal utensils. The diamond-infused surface can protect against scraping by the metal.
- Stovetop and oven safe. The cookware is compatible with gas, electric, and glass cooktops. It is also safe for up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe. After you’re finished with all the cooking, cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe cookware.
- Scratches can appear within a few months of use.
- Some customers report the pots and pans they received don’t fit together due to warping.
- Handles and pans may be thinner than you expect.
Overall Granite Stone Blue Cookware Review
The main benefit of the Granite Stone Blue Cookware set is the easy-to-use nonstick coating for an excellent price. In addition, you’re getting an extensive, all-in-one set of matching kitchenware that does cooking and cleaning so much easier. It’s also healthier, as you don’t need to use oil or butter.
There are concerns with this set come from the scratching that can appear after a few months of use. Like almost all cookware with non-stick coating, it is not immune to damage over time. Therefore, it’s perhaps best to think of it as similar to any other nonstick pots and pans and not to follow all the hype of the commercials.
Once you have that in mind though, it’s a pretty solid set. The blue looks great, and the non-stick coating works well. It cleans easily in the dishwasher, but the natural mineral coating will likely last longer if they are hand washed.
What’s nice is that Granite Stone’s non-stick coating is PFOA-free, a dangerous chemical found in many other nonstick pans. This is also what allows it to be dishwasher safe.
Granite Stone Diamond Cookware Review
The Granite Rock 10-Piece Non-Stick Ultra Durable Set includes a mineral-infused granite coating. In addition, the body is pressed aluminum layered three times with the signature nonstick Granite Stone coating.
- 8″ Skillet
- 10″ Fry pan
- 12.5″ Fry pan
- 3 qt Chef’s pan + lid
- 3 qt Saute pan + lid
- 1.5 qt sauce pan + lid
- 2.5 qt sauce pan + lid
- 6 qt stock pot + lid
- Nonstick cookware set with mineral-infused granite surface for easy food release, no oil needed.
- Heavy-duty triple-thick granite coating is durable and scratch-resistant.
- Even heat distribution from pressed aluminum base.
- Lightweight design.
- Dishwasher safe.
- It is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Free of PFOA, PFOS, lead, and caldium.
- Some customers have received damaged items.
- High heat can warp the pots and pans over time.
Overall Granite Stone Diamond Cookware Review
The Granite Stone Diamond Cookware Set is a great, genuine nonstick cookware set with a wide variety of pieces. Granitestone’s pieces work as well as Teflon in terms of their nonstick ability but with no toxic chemicals. The main advantage of this style of nonstick cookware is the natural mineral coating which lets food slide off the pan easily without the need for butter or oil.
The thin metal base can get a bit warped on high heat, so it’s better to use these at lower heat settings than usual. Regardless, if it does bend a little from high heat, you can usually press it back into place.
The non-toxic coating doesn’t use PFOA or PFOS to achieve its nonstick properties, keeping your food safe and allowing the pieces to be dishwasher safe. Usually, food won’t get stuck on the pieces, so cleanup is relatively easy.
Granite Stone Stackmaster Cookware Review
Granite Stone Stackmaster is a set of stackable, space-saving aluminum cookware with lids. It uses Granite Stone’s nonstick surface for easy cooking and cleanup.
- 8″ Fry Pan
- 10″ Skillet
- 2. 75qt Sauce Pan with Lid
- 3. 5qt Sauce Pan with Lid
- 3. 75qt Sauté Pan with Lid
- 5. 35 qt Stock pot with Lid
- Ultra non-stick surface is triple coated and reinforced with diamonds to withstand scratches from metal cooking tools.
- Stackable pans and pots are space-saving, allowing you to nest them on top of one another easily.
- Oven safe up to 500° F.
- Dishwasher safe for easy and quick cleanup.
- Features stay-cool handles, reducing the risk of minor burns.
- The cookware is PFOA-free for safe eating.
- A similar design for each pot and pan reduces specialization.
- Cool-touch handles can get hot near the base.
Overall Granite Stone Stackmaster Review
The Granite Stone Stack Master 10-Piece Cookware, like all Granite Stone products, features a nonstick surface that allows you to prepare your favorite dishes with no oil. However, its main advantage over other Granite Stone cookware sets is its space-saving stackable design.
Since all the pots and pans stack, they also feature three universally interchangeable lids. The stainless steel stay-cool handles are a great touch that offers a solid and safe grip for cooking.
Granite stone is excellent for its nonstick surface because it is PFOS and PFOA-free, meaning there won’t be toxic chemicals seeping into your food. For this reason, it is safe to put them through the dishwasher, meaning you’ll save time overall on cleanup.
This granitestone cookware set is oven-safe up to 500° F and compatible with electric, gas, and induction cooktops. The aluminum exterior is dense and scratch-resistant, leading to long-term performance.
Overall, the Stackmaster comes highly recommended with a 4.5 out of 5 average star rating on Amazon from 619 global ratings.
Granite Stone Pots and Pans Set – 20pc Kitchen Cookware Sets
The Granite Stone Emerald Green 20 pc set is a full kitchen in a box set with Granite Stone’s signature non-stick surface. It is made from an aluminum base and triple-coated with a non-stick surface.
- 8.5″ Fry pan
- 10.25″ Fry pan with lid
- 9.5″ Square pan
- 1.5 qt Pot with lid
- 2.5 qt Pot with lid
- 4 qt Pot with lid, Dutch oven
- 9.5″ Deep pan with lid
- Steamer and fry basket
- Muffin tray
- Square bake pan
- Cookie tray
- Round bake pan
- Loaf pan
- The nonstick surface is triple-coated and reinforced with diamonds on each granitestone cookware piece.
- Nonstick surface allows you to cook without oil or butter, making healthier eating and easier cleanup.
- The diamond reinforcement prevents scratches from metal utensils.
- Solid aluminum construction is durable yet lightweight with excellent heat distribution.
- Gas, electric, and glass cooktop safe.
- Oven safe up to 500° F.
- Free of PFOA, PFOS, lead, and cadmium for a healthy cooking experience.
- Stay-cool stainless steel handles are ergonomically designed to stay cool during cooking.
- Although resistant, there can be scratches over time.
- Some customers report warping of lids and pots such that they no longer fit together.
- Granite cookware may be thinner than expected.
Overall Granite Stone Pots and Pans Set – 20pc Kitchen Cookware Sets Review
The Granite Stone Emerald Green 20-piece set is another excellent set from the company. As always, the nonstick finish is the real highlight here, with a beautiful emerald finish for this set. The pieces heat evenly, and each is durable against shattering and scratch-resistant.
The great advantage of Granite Stone’s nonstick surface is the ability to cook without oil or butter and the easy cleanup. In this case, Granitestone cookware is dishwasher safe, making cleanup more manageable.
There are no bending or warping problems while cooking, with the heavy cookware staying steady and the stainless steel handles stay cool while the pots and pans heat up.
Granitestone Pro Pots and Pans Set 13 Piece Hard Anodized
13-Piece Hard-Anodized Premium Chef’s Cookware set, made with aluminum construction and their signature non-stick coating.
- 8″ skillet
- 10″ frying pan
- 12. 5″ frying pan
- 1. 5-quart sauce pan with lid
- 2. 5-quart sauce pan with lid
- 3-quart chef’s pan with lid
- 3-quart sauté pan with lid
- 6-quart stock pot with lid
- The hard anodized body is stronger than stainless steel and standard aluminum.
- It is dense, wear-resistant, and conducts heat very well.
- The non-stick coating is reinforced with titanium for a highly functional food release mechanism.
- No butter or oil is needed, making cooking easier and healthier.
- Ultra-resistant to scratches from metal utensils.
- Stainless steel handles for a cool-to-the-touch cooking experience.
- It works with gas, electric, and glass stovetops.
- Also oven-safe for up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dishwasher safe. After cooking, just put it right into the dishwasher for easy cleanup.
- All Granite Stone products are PFOA, PFOS, & other harmful chemical-free, including lead and cadmium.
- Some people prefer more pans.
- No lids for the pans.
- The handles can overheat close to the cooking surface.
Overall Granitestone Pro Pots and Pans Set 13 Piece Hard Anodized Review
The Premium Chef’s Cookware set is from the Pro line of the company, with higher quality materials overall. The hard-anodized aluminum is lightweight yet super strong. Its main strength over other Granite Stone sets is the increased durability while remaining in a reasonable budget range.
Like other Granite Stone pots and pans, the nonstick surface is the real champion here. You don’t need oil or butter to keep food from sticking to the surface. Also, metal won’t scratch it easily due to its titanium reinforcement. Cleaning is also a breeze with the power of a nonstick surface like this one.
The stainless steel handles help them stay cool, but still, they can get hot if you grip the pots and pans too closely. However, the set heats up very quickly and evenly overall, making cooking simple and easy.
The lids are glass with an exhaust port, which works well for their purpose. Overall, the set enjoys a 4.7 out of 5-star rating on Amazon with 1,017 global ratings.
Granite Stone Pot and Pan Reviews
Granitestone 2688 12″ Non-stick Triple Layer Granite Stone with Titanium Coating
A Granite Stone non-stick pan with triple-layered titanium coating. Made with aluminum and coated with Granite Stone’s signature non-stick coating.
- 10 inch
- 11 inch
- 12 inch
- Ultra non-stick surface, triple-coated allowing for the best food release and easy cleanup.
- A durable aluminum base resists warping due to heat and prolonged use.
- Cool-touch handles are made to prevent transferring cooking heat into the handle.
- Comes with 5.5″ egg pan, a mini skillet for cooking eggs or similar in the morning.
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- PFOS, PFOA-free, non-toxic cooking.
- Not as durable as Pro versions
Overall Granitestone 2688 12″ Non-stick Triple Layer Granite Stone Review
If you are looking for a fantastic Granite Stone pan to try out, this is the perfect choice for you. You’ll get to try out the non-stick surface first hand and see if it works for you just like it works on the commercial.
It is an excellent frying pan made with quality scratch-resistant and durable materials. Coming in three different sizes, each of which can serve most of your kitchen needs, including cooking, frying, sautés, and searing.
One of the best things about Granite Stone pans is that they are made with a non-toxic coating, so you won’t have to worry when you put them into the dishwasher and use it for cooking. The frying pan is also straightforward to clean, as no food sticks to it.
Granitestone Pro Hard Anodized 3 Piece Skillet Set
Granite Stone Pro Hard-Anodized Set of three nonstick pans measuring 8″, 10″ & 12″. Granite Stone puts its signature nonstick triple-layered coating over each piece’s aluminum core. This pro version uses more durable materials and coating for its set.
- 8″ Skillet
- 10″ Fry pan
- 12″ Fry pan
- The hard-anodized aluminum base of each nonstick pan is dense yet nonporous, making it highly resistant to wear and tear.
- The non-stick coating is reinforced with diamonds for a rock-solid cooking surface with optimal food release.
- The combination of hard-anodized aluminum and the triple coating of non-stick material makes for a highly durable design.
- Dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleanup.
- Oven safe up to 500°F.
- Stainless steel handles are cool to the touch during cooking and ergonomic.
- All pans are PFOA, PFOS, and other harmful chemical-free.
- These heavy-duty nonstick pans can scratch up your stove.
Overall Granitestone Pro Hard Anodized 3 Piece Skillet Set Review
An excellent set of three pans from Granite Stone’s Pro series. These are heavy-duty and nonstick pans with cool touch stainless steel handles. They compare with cast iron in their weight. As frying pans, their performance is solid, with food falling off the non-stick surface and effortless cleanup.
Heat distribution on these is excellent with a fast heat-up time. In addition, these are thicker and more heavy-duty than the original Granite Stone pans, making them more durable and resistant overall with the same great non-stick coating.
The non-stick surface shines when used with just a little oil, as there will still be some adhesion if you don’t use anything. I don’t recommend using cooking sprays as those don’t work well with the surface.
The set doesn’t include lids even though the online description says it does in some places, so be careful of that.
About Granite Stone Cookware
History of Graniteware
People made graniteware with iron or tin from the 1870s until the end of WWII. These metal cores were then layered with glass to achieve a granite-like finish called a granite rock pan.
It was popular because it had an easy-to-clean and somewhat non-stick glass surface and was strong as metal.
Modern graniteware, or granite cookware, uses a steel core with a glass coating. The glass fuses porcelain enamel with the metal at very high temperatures. The surface then becomes non-stick and smooth. These are lighter and thinner than the prewar versions.
There was a time when Teflon became the most popular non-stick option, but the market has now shifted to alternatives like modern graniteware.
Features of Granite Rock Pan
The Granite Stone pan has become infamous due to its catchy infomercial. The commercial shows how its non-stick surface works, easily allowing all kinds of food to move about freely in the granitestone pan.
Its main feature is cooking without the need for oil or butter to make things like eggs and fish. Compared with a cast iron pan, nonstick cookware makes it easy to cook without much difficulty.
Frying eggs is easy with their nonstick frying pan, as the eggs just slide across the surface as they cook. What’s extra nice is that the cleanup is easy too. Since food doesn’t get stuck all over the pan, you can easily just pop it into the dishwasher after cooking, and you’re all set.
The commercial also shows how to tilt the pan to allow fully cooked food to tumble out without scraping it.
In addition, granite cookware is highly durable. Even after years of abuse, granite stone pans can remain in good condition. This applies to scratches as well, as even running metal along their frying pans won’t leave a scratch. They’ll stay beautiful for years and keep you enjoying cooking with them.
Complete Kitchen Sets
The complete kitchen sets are Granite Stone’s all-in-one sets with cookware and bakeware. There are a variety of shapes and sizes in these sets, and they set you up with one cohesive set for all your kitchen needs.
The Pro series uses more durable designs, including both the metal used and the coating. The metal tends to be anodized aluminum which is more durable than usual. They also mix the coating with either diamonds or titanium for greater durability.
The stackable series allows for better used of storage space with your cookware. Their lids are also universally interchangeable, making them easier to use. The one problem is the lack of variety in sizes, meaning that different cooking jobs can’t get the specialization they require.
Granite Stone Cookware FAQ
Where is Granite Stone made?
The Emson Corporation makes its Granite Stone products in China. E. Mishan & Sons, Inc (Emson) is the company that sells Granite Stone cookware.
Is Granite Stone a good brand?
Granite Stone makes lightweight aluminum cookware with a non-stick coating for a reasonable budget price. The company that makes them also makes many other “As Seen on TV” products, many of which have become popular.
What is the Granite Stone Cookware warranty?
Much of Granite Stone’s cookware has a 10-year limited guarantee attached.
Is Granite Stone Cookware dishwasher safe?
Yes. It is free of PFOA , PFOS, and other harmful chemicals which can get released during dishwashing.
Is Granite Coating Cookware safe?
Yes. The coating is free of known harmful chemicals. It is safe to cook on it without any danger of them leaking into the food.
Is Granite Stone safe for cooking?
Yes. Since the cookware is free of harmful chemicals, these won’t come out from dishwashing or from cooking.
Does Granite Stone Cookware last?
It depends on your usage, but non-stick pots and pans tend to last from 2 to 5 years before the non-stick coating fades away for a heavy-use household. Other types of non-stick tend to last shorter periods.
Previous: Swiss Diamond Cookware Reviews