Outdoor pillar lights are a great way to light a path and add a visually appealing design element to your outdoor space. There are various options available, and in this article, we will review ten of them to help you decide which of them is best for your house.
Table of Contents
Best Outdoor Pillar Lights
- Set of 2 pillar lamps
- Rectangular aluminum frame
- Each light fixture is 7.1″ wide and 19.25″ tall
- The lamps can be mounted in two ways – either attached on a 3-inch lamp post or with the included base for pier mounting
- The frame is sand black and made of cast aluminum. This means it is waterproof, rustproof, and built to last.
- It offers a standard lightbulb socket with a maximum wattage of 60
- The cylinder is made of clear glass for brighter and clearer light.
- This set is both a modern design with industrial elements.
- You can mount on a pole or a pier
- Designed to endure the elements and built to last
- Compatible with various bulbs, including LED, incandescent, halogen, dusk to dawn, and LED smart bulbs
- Some users may find the design too plain if not using the post attachment, as the light fixture will just be a rectangle.
Overall Beionxii Outdoor Post Lantern Review
The modern industrial design of the Beionxii Outdoor Post Lantern is unique. In addition, it has a standard lightbulb socket, so you can use a variety of bulbs, including incandescent bulbs or LEDs, whichever you prefer. This will allow you to customize the look and features you desire in your pillar light.
The product has over 200 Amazon reviews and has earned a 4.7 out of 5-star rating.
- One post light fixture
- 9″ wide and 16.75″ tall
- 3-inch pier mount adapter
- Sand textured black trim with clear glass
- Two mounting methods: pier mount base and pole mounting
- Includes a mixture of modern and industrial elements
- The light fixture has an open outer cage for a more robust silhouette.
- It can be easily mounted on a pole or pier
- Compatible with various bulbs, including LED, incandescent, smart bulbs, dusk to dawn bulbs, and more.
- Backed by a one year warranty
- Only one light fixture is included.
- Some users report the product rusting after extended exposure to the elements
- There are reports of questionable construction on the outer cage, which causes the light fixture to be flimsy and break
Overall Beionxii Sand Textured Outdoor Post Light Fixture Review
If you prefer a more raw design, this light fixture has an open cage for a unique look. Combining modern and industrial elements makes for a visually appealing light fixture. It can be mounted on a pole or pier to illuminate your driveway, porch, or backyard.
In addition, the outdoor light is versatile and compatible with a variety of bulb types. This will allow you to customize the lighting. Different outdoor spaces require different lighting, so this can be suited to match your needs. Also, don’t worry if you encounter any issues with your light; it is backed with a one-year warranty.
Finally, this product has over 275 reviews and has earned a 4.6 out of 5-star rating.
- One outdoor post light fixture
- Matte black design
- Die-cast aluminum post light
- The lantern, including the mounting base, is 16.5″ tall. The product measures 7.4″ wide at the widest point.
- You can use an E26 base bulb with a maximum wattage of 60 Watts. This light fixture is compatible with LED, CFL, Halogen, and Incandescent bulbs, which are not included with the purchase of the product.
- High-quality powder coating so that the fixture resists corrosion, weather, and yellowing
- The tempered glass surrounding the bulb makes this fixture impact-resistant and provides thermal stability
- The base features a thicker cup for more secure mounting and stability
- The light can be attached to a 3″ diameter lamp post or mounted on a pier
- A classic style that works well with a variety of house styles
- Classic style
- Designed to endure wet weather such as rain or snow
- You can use a variety of different bulbs types with this light fixture
- A nice addition to your entryway or the front or backyard
- Backed by a one year warranty
- Easy to install
- You must purchase the bulb separately
- Before purchasing, be sure to measure to confirm that the 16.5″ height is sufficient for your space and desired fixture size
Overall Windben Outdoor Post Light Review
If you are looking to illuminate your driveway or your yard, the Windben Outdoor Post Light’s classic look might be exactly what you are looking for. Its curving design stands out against modern and industrial styles that feature more straight lines.
Windben built this product to last, designing it to withstand harsh weather conditions. This is helpful as it will protect the light fixture and prevent you have having to change it often. Additionally, you can choose whether you prefer to attach the light to a post or just mount it on a pier.
The product is easy to install and works with various bulb types. If you encounter any issues, it is also backed by a warranty. Before ordering, confirm the dimensions and order the right accompanying light bulb for the fixture.
Finally, this product has received nearly 100 reviews and has earned a 4.7 out of 5-star rating on Amazon.
- One exterior light fixture
- 24.5″ tall from the mount to the tip of the light fixture (21″ tall excluding the mount)
- 10″ wide at the widest point
- Textured black finish
- Clear hammered glass
- It uses a 60 Watt maximum bulb
- Metal construction
- This light fixture offers a hammered glass design, which adds to the vintage look of this outdoor lighting option
- Includes a post mount adapter if you prefer to install the light on a flat surface
- Safe to use in wet locations where the light will be exposed to rain or other weather elements
- A sophisticated look with the black finish, hammered glass, and intricate topper at the top of the light fixture
- The light fixture will provide a warm glow due to the tempered glass, but will not produce as bright of light to light a path or walkway
Overall Bellagio Traditional Post Light Pier Mount Textured Black Review
This light fixture provides a different style than previously reviewed lights. It offers a combination of black metal, clear hammered glass, and an intricate topper above the light. Bellagio built the light to endure wet weather and will add a sophisticated look to your yard or walkway.
In addition, the hammered glass will mute the light’s brightness some, so ensure this is acceptable for your outdoor spaces before ordering this pillar light.
Finally, the light fixture has nearly 100 ratings on Amazon and has earned a 4.7 out of 5-star rating.
- One pillar light
- Mounting pieces
- From the mounting base to the top of the decorative topper is 24.8″
- At the wides point of the light fixture, it is 11″ wide
- Retro bronze finish
- Classic design
- Frosted glass shade
- Mounting base
- E27 bulb socket
- Built to endure sun, rain, snow, and wind
- The design resembles the silhouette of a kerosene lamp, and the rust bronze color provides an antique, rustic charm look
- The light fixture is made of cast aluminum to enhance the product’s sturdiness
- The warranty is only for three months
- Some users report challenges installing the light
- The frosted glass shade dulls the light
- Replacing the bulb will require a small hand or disassembling the product
Overall GZBtech Vintage Outdoor Post Light Review
If you are looking for a retro look, this light may be just what you want. The design is a throwback to kerosene lamps and provides a bronze light fixture and frosted glass.
It has over 140 reviews on Amazon, with 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- Set of 2 solar flame lights
- Fits on 4×4″, 5×5″, or 6×6″ posts
- The light and base are 6.3″ tall and 5.9″ wide
- Up to eight hours of illumination on a full charge
- The top of each light fixture has a solar panel
- The dancing flame light is enclosed in metal mesh and clear plastic
- The base is made of plastic
- Solar lights
- The unique look of flame lights
- Can mount on a variety of size posts
- Plastic construction will not rust
- The lights may not be able to endure long-lasting rainstorms
- Some users report that the light is not bright enough to light a pathway and that they are better used as an accent piece.
- It has been reported that the flames do not flicker. Rather, they are steady lights.
Overall MAGGIFT 2 Pack Solar Flame Post Lights Review
If you are looking for a solar-powered light option and want the unique look of flame lights, these outdoor lights may be a good fit. They are easy to install, and the plastic construction means the fixtures will not rust.
Finally, the product has over 375 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Four solar-powered lights
- Each light is made of ABS plastic
- Transparent plastic lens
- Light will fit on a 4×4″ post
- Includes a base to install the light on a post that is larger than 4×4″
- The base allows you to install the lights on a variety of post sizes
- Classic style
- Bright light
- Modern day 4×4″ posts are actually slightly smaller, so these lights may have trouble attaching to the posts
Overall Tjinn Solar Column Head Light, Deck Lights Review
These solar lights have a simple design and will light up a deck nicely. As a result, if you want a pillar light that is simple and functional without being a statement piece, this set is a good option to consider.
Finally, this product has over 200 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- One outdoor post light
- Black finish aluminum
- Seeded glass
- 13.75″ tall, including the mounting base
- 7.18″ wide
- It can be mounted on a 3.2″ pier
- Space for one E26 medium base bulb up to 100 watts
- 3-year warranty
- Some users report that the grid is misaligned, which affects the visual appeal of the light
- The cover is difficult to remove to replace the light bulb
Overall Rosient Outdoor Post Lights Fixture, Exterior Post Lantern Review
If you want an outdoor light with seeded glass, this pillar light option is available to light your yard or porch. It is weather-resistant and backed by a three-year warranty.
Finally, this product has over 150 reviews on Amazon and has earned an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Set of 2 pillar lights
- Black finish aluminum
- Glass encasement of the bulb
- 6.5″ wide and 15.6″ tall with the mounting base
- Six panels of glass on each light
- Rated for wet locations
- Easy to install
- Rustproof construction
- 3-year warranty
- Some users report receiving packages that are missing screws
- The size may be too small for a large outdoor space
Overall Yeuloum Outdoor Post Light Pole Lantern Review
This set of outdoor post lights features a lantern shape with multiple glass panels surrounding the light bulb. Yeuloum designed them to withstand the elements and prevent rusting. A warranty backs this product should you encounter any issues.
Finally, the product has over 40 reviews on Amazon and has earned a 4.5 out of 5-star rating.
- Set of two post cap solar lights
- 3.5″ by 3.5″
- Black plastic exterior
- Glass surrounding the light
- Solar-powered lights
- 12 lumens of brightness
- Light automatically comes on when it is dark outside
- No wiring required
- The lights are intended for use on 4 x 4″ posts only
- There is one year of product support, but no warranty is provided
Overall Home Zone Security Solar Post Cap Lights Review
If you need small post cap lights and prefer them to be solar-powered, check out this option. They are ideal for lighting up a deck or porch. These outdoor pillar lights will shine brightly in the space on your patio without a big hassle during installation.
Finally, this product has over 1,700 reviews with a 4.5 out of 5-star rating.
Outdoor Pillar Lights Buying Guide
When it comes to buying outdoor pillar lights, there are a few important things to consider. First, do you prefer hard-wired light or solar-powered light? Secondly, measure your space to determine what size of light you should get. Thirdly, consider the design aesthetic you have.
Will the light look good with the furniture, door color, and other lighting you have outdoors? Finally, consider the purpose of the light. How bright does it need to be? Some lights will illuminate a whole path, while others just provide a warm glow. Consider their use and the colors of light needed (warm versus cool).
Outdoor Pillar Lights Top Pick
After reviewing ten outdoor pillar lights, my top pick is the set of two Beionxii Outdoor Post Lanterns. They offer a modern design with some industrial elements. In addition, You can display them on a post or a pier. Personally, I like that they are made of aluminum, which is more durable than plastic.
In addition, the glass is clear, which means the light can shine brighter than some of the other glass options reviewed. Depending on your ideal design, these lighting fixtures can enhance the space and provide outdoor lights to help create a safer walking environment.
Previous: Best Modern Outdoor Garage Lights