We could all use a quality espresso machine for our morning caffeine hit, but not all of us want to spend over a couple of hundred dollars. Luckily, many affordable machines are available, bringing in quality performance and durability ready to be discovered. In this review, we have brewed up a list of some of the most highly-rated products for you to choose the Best Espresso Machine Under $300.
Understanding the features, pros, cons, and getting a fresh, unbiased review of these espresso machines is pivotal to making the best choice for yourself. So grab yourself a pen and paper and get ready to note down your favorite budget espresso machines!
Best espresso machine under $300
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accessories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid
- Frothing jug included
- 1-year limited warranty
- 40.6 oz (1.2 L) removable water tank
Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine
The Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse espresso machine uses 19 bars of pump pressure to extract coffee from grounds in a way that optimizes its flavor and aromas. The machine also has a one-touch control panel, a thermocouple heating system, and an automatic milk frother. In addition, other features include a removable water tank and adjustable cup tray.
- Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine
- Removable Water Reservoir
- Removable Milk Reservoir
- Milk Frother and Dispenser
- Cup Tray
- The one-touch control panel is easy to use with simple, dedicated buttons and LED lights.
- Milk-based drinks such as cappuccinos can be achieved at a press of a button.
- The compact size and lightweight design make it easy to store and transport as needed.
- 19-bar Italian pump provides optimal pressure for enhanced flavor extraction of coffee.
- Water and milk reservoirs are removable for easy refilling and effortless cleaning.
- Only brews one cup at a time (no pots).
- No burr grinder included.
Overall Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker Review
This cute little machine is as compact as they come, sporting a small and lightweight design that is so weightless that an infant could carry it. Don’t look down on it for its size, though, because this little guy can whip up specialty coffee deliciously brewed at a solid 19-bar extraction pressure. Using this makes for a richer, bolder, and more aromatic cup.
Not only that, but you also get an automatic milk frother. It dispenses straight into your mug when you choose a milk-based specialty drink such as cappuccino, latte, or flat white.
It’s a small machine with all the works, coming in at 4.4-stars on Amazon reviews by over 2,000 global customer scores and actual users of Mr. Coffee’s CoffeeHouse machine. To see what people are saying or purchase one for yourself, check out the link below to Amazon’s review page!
Cuisinart EM-200NP1 Programmable 15-Bar Espresso Maker
This espresso maker by Cuisinart features a 15-bar pressure pump for efficient coffee extraction and also comes with the dual compatibility of either ground coffee or pods. In addition, it features is a stainless steel steam wand for cappuccinos and lattes and a portafilter for easy locking and dumping of wet grounds.
It is built with programmable features, a simple control panel, a removable drip tray, and a water reservoir. Finally, it is also backed by a 3-year limited warranty for any defects related to the manufacturing or quality of the materials used.
- Cuisinart EM-200NP1 Programmable 15-Bar Espresso Maker
- 15-Bar Pressure Pump
- Water Reservoir
- Drip Tray
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Dual compatibility with coffee grounds and coffee pods for added versatility.
- 15-bar of pressure delivers proper coffee extraction for an excellent mild coffee.
- Simple control panel with single and double shots options.
- Programmable features allow you to set custom cup sizes and brew strengths.
- The steam wand allows you to make your favorite cappuccinos and lattes.
- 3-year limited warranty provides peace of mind with the purchase.
- The milk frother is not automatic.
- No burr grinder included.
Overall Cuisinart EM-200NP1 Espresso Maker Review
This machine can not only brew espresso using the primary functions on the control panel but also brew regular coffee using its programmable settings. In addition, you can choose between single and double espresso, as well as froth milk using the steam wand to top up for a nice cappuccino or latte.
With a water reservoir of 69 ounces, this espresso maker is great for brewing anything from a single cup to a large pot of coffee, making it a fantastic choice for households of any size.
As a result, the Cuisinart EM-200NP1 is rated a decent score of 4.1-stars on Amazon reviews. It is highly regarded as easy to clean, use, and provide a nice coffee flavor with every brew. Check out what the people are saying about this product using the link below!
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Maker by De’Longhi
Nespresso Vertuo offers cutting-edge brewing technology through barcode-scanning technology that reads in the pods and adjusts its brewing parameters accordingly. This De’Longhi-made machine comes in a sleek black design and sports a one-touch brewing system plus Aeroccino milk frother. Also featured are a 54 oz water reservoir and a removable drip tray.
- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Maker by De’Longhi
- Aeroccino Milk Frother
- Removable 54 oz Water Tank
- Removable Drip Tray
- Superior brewing and extraction technology enhances the aromas and richness of your coffee.
- The large water reservoir allows plenty of cups to be brewed before refilling is required.
- The removable drip tray accommodates taller cups such as travel mugs.
- Aeroccino milk frother heats and froths your milk at the push of a button.
- Can hold up to 17 capsule containers, resulting in minimal maintenance.
- Cannot adjust brew sizes or program your own coffee.
- Not compatible with OriginalLine Nespresso capsules.
Overall Nespresso Vertuo by De’Longhi Review
You can never go wrong with precision brewing machines and Nespresso Vertuo is a pioneer of this concept.
The machine uses barcoded capsules, reading the information to adjust its parameters. These include water volume, temperature, and rotation speed to extract the coffee perfectly from the unique capsule blend. You can brew delicious espresso at the push of a button and top it up with hot frothy milk using the provided Aeroccino milk frother.
As a result, I think the 8,800+ customers worldwide will agree with me because this product is rated a convincing 4.7-stars on Amazon reviews. See for yourself using the link below!
De’Longhi All-in-One Combination Coffee Maker & Espresso Machine
The De’Longhi All-in-One coffee maker and espresso machine comes with a portafilter that locks into the brew head. In addition, it can perform 15-bar pressure pump of coffee extraction. It also comes with a stainless steel manual wand for steaming milk as well as a dual heating system so you can froth and brew at the same time.
The cone-shaped filter basket, coffee filter, and glass carafe are also included.
- De’Longhi All-in-One Combination Coffee Maker & Espresso Machine
- Stainless Steel Portafilter
- Measuring Spoon
- Milk Steamer Wand
- Filter Baskets
- Programmable features let you adjust your coffee’s strength to your precise preferences.
- Dual heating system allows you to brew coffee and froth milk simultaneously.
- Glass carafe is designed to be spill-proof so you can pour effortlessly and avoid mess.
- Beautiful control panel with digital timer for easy coffee customizations.
- Removable components such as drip tray, water tank, filters, and portafilter makes cleaning easy.
- No tamper included
- Not compatible with K-Cups or capsules.
Overall De’Longhi All-in-One Combination Coffee Maker & Espresso Machine Review
De’Longhi is the Italian icon of espresso making and has a wide selection of beautiful machines with versatile brewing processes. The All-in-One Combination coffee maker uses a stunning stainless steel black design with an aesthetic and intuitive control panel accompanied by a digital timer.
With 24-hour programmability, you can easily create your custom-made coffee and set it to brew at a specific time, such as the following day. Finally, the manual steam wand gives you the power to froth milk in a way that you most desire, whether smooth and flat or frothy and foamy.
A solid machine with a solid rating, the De’Longhi All-in-One receives a 4.2-star rating from over 800 global users. Click the link below to purchase yours or simply enjoy reading through the comments!
Gevi 20 Bar Compact Professional Espresso Coffee Machine
The Gevi 20-Bar espresso machine uses a massive 20-bar pressure pump that extracts coffee to an optimal level so that you get more flavor and aromatic richness in every brew. In addition, this machine comes with a powerful steaming wand that turns milk into silky smooth foam.
Other components include a portafilter, tamper, measuring spoon, single and double cup filters, and a user manual.
- Gevi 20 Bar Compact Professional Espresso Coffee Machine
- Portafilter and Tamper
- Measuring Spoon
- Single and Double Cup Filters
- User Manual
- Many accessories are included, such as a portafilter, tamper, measure spoon, and filters.
- Maximum extraction results with 20-bar pump pressure for optimal flavor and aroma.
- A powerful steaming wand turns milk into silky-smooth foam for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Built-in pressure gauge lets you take control and monitor the level of extraction to suit your liking.
- Removable drip tray with stainless steel grid.
- No burr grinder included.
- Milk frother is not automatic.
Overall Gevi 20 Bar Compact Professional Espresso Coffee Machine Review
When it comes to coffee extraction and richness optimization, the Gevi is impossible to beat with its 20-bar pressure pump that goes way above the average 15-bar pressure. Additionally, this machine comes with a handy pressure gauge that lets you extract the perfect espresso by tracking the pressure level used on the coffee grounds.
The manual steam wand allows the user to steam milk the way they like it, considering their unique preferences regarding temperature and texture.
Coming in at 4.3-stars on Amazon reviews by over 1,300 global users of this products, the Gevi 20 Bar Compact Espresso Machine is one of the best espresso machines when it comes to delivering maximum extraction and delicious espresso all the time. See what the excitement is about with the link to Amazon’s review page below!
Chefman 6-in-1 Espresso Machine
The Chefman 6-in-1 Espresso Machine features a beautiful one-touch control panel, a removable water tank of 1.8 liters, and a removable milk reservoir of 0.5 liters. Other included items with this product are the portafilter and shot baskets, ground measuring scoop and taper, and reversible metal coaster.
- Chefman 6-in-1 Espresso Machine
- Portafilter and Shot Baskets
- 1.8L Removable Water Tank
- 0.5L Removable Milk Reservoir
- Ground Measuring Scoop and Taper
- Reversible Metal Coaster
- Automatic milk frother makes it easy to top up espressos for lattes and cappuccinos.
- Plenty of accessories to brew your espresso grounds in minutes.
- Large 1.8 water reservoir allows plenty of cups to be brewed before refilling is needed.
- Removable drip tray accommodates taller cups such as travel mugs.
- Built-in internal cleaning function for easy cleanup and minimum maintenance.
- Not enough space for brewing carafes.
- Not compatible with coffee pods or capsules.
Overall Chefman 6-in-1 Espresso Machine Review
The Chefman 6-in-1 truly thrives through the intuitive control panel and automatic milk frothing function using a 0.5L milk reservoir and steaming wand. Not many espresso machines can give you a compact size as well as an abundance of integrated automatic functions that make the user’s life way easier, but Chefman finds a way to do it!
Over 1,000 Amazon customers can attest to the quality of this machine which receives a 4.3-star rating for its ease of use, simplicity in cleaning, and delicious coffee flavor via 15-bad pressure pump extraction methods. Check out what people are saying about it using the link below!
De’Longhi ECP3120 15 Bar Espresso Machine with Advanced Cappuccino System
This espresso machine uses 15-bars of pressure to extract the optimal level of flavor from the ground coffee beans. It comes with a 3-in-1 filter holder, removable water tank, advanced frother, twin brewing cycle, and steel drip tray. Also featured is an Advanced Cappuccino System that keeps the brewing temperature optimal so you can brew cup after cup with no waiting time in between.
- De’Longhi ECP3120 15 Bar Espresso Machine with Advanced Cappuccino System
- Advanced Cappuccino System
- 15-Bar Pressure Pump Extraction
- Removable Water Tank and Drip Tray
- Manual Steam Wand
- Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Cup
- A manual steam wand and stainless steel frothing pitcher allow the machine to work as an espresso and cappuccino maker.
- The intuitive control panel makes it easy to brew a single espresso shot or double shot as preferred.
- 15-bar pump espresso is high in richness, flavor, and aroma.
- 3-in-1 portafilter allows you to adjust the number of ground coffee beans used easily.
- Removable components such as the water tank and drip tray make cleaning effortless.
- Not enough space for a carafe to fit.
- Does not make regular coffee.
Overall De’Longhi ECP3120 15 Bar Espresso Machine Review
De’Longhi has done it again with the ECP3120 espresso machine that delivers excellent espresso at the push of a button. Complete with a manual milk frother, you can easily make delicious milk-based espresso drinks such as lattes, cappuccinos, and flat whites in the comfort of your home.
The 3-in-1 portafilter allows you to control how much coffee you use, so you get the perfect blend each time. Functions and capabilities aside, this machine looks gorgeous with its black exterior design and stainless steel components that shine on through.
Unsurprisingly, the De’Longhi ECP3120 espresso maker scores 4.3-stars on Amazon reviews by over 4,300 global customers, making it a well-validated product of great quality.
Overall, this espresso machine’s highest-rated features include being easy to clean, use, and offering superior extraction mechanisms that deliver delicious flavor. For more details about this product, check out all its comments using the link down below!
Honorable Mention: DeLonghi ECP3420 Review: Is Delonghi a good espresso machine?
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
The Breville Cafe Roma is a stainless steel espresso machine with a 15-bar thermoblock pump that delivers optimal flavor extraction from your coffee grounds. Accessories include a stainless steel milk pitcher, tamping tool, measuring spoon, and cleaning tool. Also included are a removable drip tray, 40.6 oz removable water tank, and a 1-year limited warranty.
- Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
- Stainless Steel Milk Pitcher
- Tamping Tool
- Measuring Spoon
- Cleaning Tool
- 40.6 Removable Water Reservoir
- Removable Drip Tray
- 1-Year Limited Product Warranty
- Plenty of accessories to make the brewing process easy.
- Large water tank for minimal refill maintenance and maximum coffee enjoyment.
- A professional-grade adjustable steam wand enables third-party specialty coffee and features a finger looper for easy control.
- The warming tray heats up to 6 espresso cups at once.
- 1-year limited warranty covers any factory, manufacturing, or material defects experienced with your espresso maker.
- No customizable options.
- No brew programmability.
Overall Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker Review
Breville is shining bright with this semi-automatic espresso machine that enables perfect espresso shots at the turn of a dial. Brew up your favorite coffee espresso drinks with this home espresso machine under 300 that delivers third-wave specialty coffee using various provided tools and accessories that optimize the extraction process and enhance the milk frothing capabilities.
Also, you don’t need to worry about those cold mugs compromising the temperature of your coffee (I know this is an issue for me!). This machine comes with a warming tray that fits up to 6 espresso cups at once, allowing you to set the environment right for your delicious espresso to make its way down.
Rated 4.3-stars by over 3,600 Amazon reviews, I’d recommend the Cafe Roma if you are looking for simplicity with results. Check out what people are saying about it now using the link down below!
FDM Instant Pod Coffee and Espresso Maker
The FDM Instant Pod Coffee and Espresso Maker is a dual-compatible machine that accepts K-Cups and Nespresso capsules to give you versatility in brewing. The machine features two pod compartments, one for K-Cups and one for Nespresso capsules, as well as one-touch programs to adjust your coffee shot size to your preference. It also comes with a large 68 oz water reservoir to maximize brew cycles and minimize maintenance.
- FDM Instant Pod Coffee and Espresso Maker
- Dual-Compatibility with K-Cups and Nespresso Capsules
- One-Touch Programmability
- 68 oz Water Reservoir
- Removable Tray
- Dual coffee espresso maker that takes in K-Cups as well as capsules by Nespresso.
- One-touch controls allow you to brew whatever size you like at the push of a button.
- A removable tray allows you to brew taller cups and travel mugs as needed.
- A large water tank means minimal maintenance periods and longer coffee cycles.
- 19-bar flavor extraction delivers more richness and aroma with every brew.
- Does not brew ground coffee.
- No milk frother included.
Overall FDM Instant Pod Coffee and Espresso Maker Review
The FDM coffee and espresso machine is a dream come true for those that can’t decide between K-Cups and Nespresso capsules. It’s also great for those who simply have conflicting coffee opinions with their housemates. This machine allows you to brew both Nespresso-style capsules and Keurig K-Cups so you can access delicious coffee and authentic espresso all using the same machine.
A compact machine that achieves great things, you can enjoy a 19-bar coffee flavor at the push of a button. So, put your worries about maintaining n thback seatat with this large 68-ounce water reservoir that rarely needs refilling.
Coming in at 4.4-stars on Amazon reviews, about 300 people out there are taking the time to talk about this machine. So why not read what the people are saying and decide from there? Click the link below to find out more!
Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
The Keurig K-Cafe is a single-serve coffee maker that gets the best out of your K-Cups by using 19-bar pressure pump extraction methods and also offering a one-touch milk frother to make cappuccinos and lattes possible. Also featured are a large 60 oz water tank, programmable auto-off feature, and descaling alert.
- Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
- 19-Bar Pressure Pump
- 60 oz Water Tank
- Programmable Auto-Off Feature
- Descaling Alert
- One-Touch Milk Frother
- Delicious coffee brewed at 19-bar pressure for optimal flavor extraction.
- A large water reservoir means longer brew cycles and less maintenance.
- The programmable auto-off feature saves you energy by switching off after 2 hours of inactivity.
- The frother is dishwasher safe and can froth milk at the push of a button.
- Descale alert allows you to stay on top of maintenance.
- No coffee grinder included.
- Not compatible with Nespresso or regular coffee pods.
Overall Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker Review
The Keurig K-Cafe truly brings the cafe to the home. It uses a 19-bar pressure pump that optimally extracts coffee for that third-wave specialty taste. In addition, it includes a super-easy-to-use milk frother that gets you set up for a delicious cappuccino at the push of a button.
In addition to that, there is an extra-large water reservoir that lets you brew at least 10 cups before you need to refill the water. Backed by a superstar rating of 4.7 on Amazon reviews by an army of coffee enthusiasts (24,237 to be exact!), this machine goes hard when it comes to delivering easy handling, versatility in brewing, and delicious results!
Check out what these lovely customers are saying using the link down below!
Lavazza BLUE Classy Mini Single Serve Espresso Coffee Machine
The Lavazza Classy Mini espresso machine has a high-pressure system that brews espresso to the optimal richness level. It also has a simple control panel, sleek black design, and a transparent water reservoir that holds 23 ounces. Also featured is an adjustable cup tray and a stand-by function for instant use and energy saving.
- Lavazza BLUE Classy Mini Single Serve Espresso Coffee Machine
- Compact Design
- Transparent 23 oz Water Reservoir
- Adjustable Drip Tray
- Stand-By Function
- Delivers quality espresso coffee drinks at the push of a button.
- A transparent water tank enables easy monitoring of water levels.
- Adjustable drip tray accommodates for any coffee cup height.
- Provides options for single or double espresso.
- Only compatible with Lavazza BLUE or Expert capsules.
- No burr grinder or milk frother included.
Overall Lavazza BLUE Classy Mini Single Serve Espresso Coffee Machine Review
This Lavazza Classy Mini is the machine of choice for lovers of kitchen space because it is so compact you could fit it just about anywhere. Additionally, it comes with an easy-to-use one-touch brewing system that uses plenty of pressure to deliver a higher quality of espresso flavor and richness.
However, this capsule espresso machine is a bit of an acquired taste, as it is only compatible with Lavazza capsules. So, be sure that you’re a fan of the brand and willing to forego Nespresso and K-Cup pods before purchasing!
On the other hand, these compatibility restrictions have not stopped people from giving this machine a 4.5-star rating on Amazon reviews. See what the 1,100+ members say about the Lavazza Classy Mini using the link below!
Nespresso BNV550RED Vertuo Next Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by Breville
The Nespresso Vertuo Next comes with precision brewing technology and an Aeroccino milk frother that steams milk with the press of a button. Other features include a 37-ounce water reservoir, capsule compartment, and auto-power off function.
- Nespresso BNV550RED Vertuo Next Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by Breville
- Barcode Scanning Technology
- Precision Brewing
- Aeroccino Milk Frother
- 37 oz Water Tank
- Precision brewing enables higher quality coffee flavor and extracts in the optimal way unique to each capsule.
- One-touch milk frothing makes it easy to do cappuccinos and lattes.
- Auto-off function saves energy and is good for the environment.
- Large selection of Vertuo capsule blends available.
- Automatic capsule ejection and storage.
- Not compatible with OriginalLine capsules.
- Does not brew ground coffee.
Overall Nespresso BNV550RED Vertuo Next by Breville Review
Nespresso Vertuo is the latest in capsule brewing technology. It enables precision brewing using barcode scanning technology that reads in each capsule’s code and changes the brewing parameters to best suit the blend. In addition, you can also enjoy delicious milk-based beverages using the one-touch milk frothing Aeroccino.
The Nespresso Vertuo Next is a compact espresso maker that can fit anywhere on your kitchen counter space. Coming in at a 4.4-star rating, it sure does the job of optimally extracted flavor that brings something new with every capsule. Check out what the 6,000+ global users are saying about this excellent capsule machine using the link below!
Flair Signature Espresso Maker
The Flair espresso maker uses a 100% human-powered manual espresso press to deliver an authentic way of brewing. This set includes a custom pressure gauge, 60mL cylinder water capacity, and 6-10 bar lever pressure.
- Flair Signature Espresso Maker
- 60mL Cylinder Water Capacity
- 6-10 Bar Level Pressure
- Padded Carrying Case
- 3-Year Warranty
- Authentic espresso-making via manual press.
- 6-10 bar level pressure for good extraction of flavor.
- 60mL cylinder water capacity for precise brewing.
- Padded carrying case for easy portability.
- 3-year warranty covers you for any defects related to manufacturing or material quality.
- A little complex to use compared to other coffee makers.
- No grinder or frother included.
Overall Flair Signature Espresso Maker Review
The Flair espresso maker is designed uniquely using durable stainless steel and aluminum materials that deliver consistent quality without electricity. This espresso maker is for those who appreciate the art form of making espresso, the traditional way without electricity or bulky machinery.
The Flair Signature is designed to deliver espresso using as few mechanics as possible so that you experience the tradition of hand-crafting your coffee from scratch. As a result, this “real” espresso machine is rated 4.6-stars by over 1,000 real product users.
Check out what these espresso connoisseurs have to say about the Flair Signature, and perhaps you might make the switch too!
Best Espresso Machine Under 300 FAQ
Do I need special coffee for espresso machine?
Espresso machines work best for espresso-specific coffee grounds. Technically, they can still use regular coffee grounds, but the results may not be satisfactory.
What is the difference between an automatic and semi-automatic espresso machine?
Automatic espresso machines automate the brewing process from start to finish, whereas semi-automatic ones usually leave things like the frothing or the grinding to be manual features.
What is a bar pump?
A bar pump is a mechanism in every espresso machine used to extract the coffee liquid when the hot water interacts with the grounds. Higher bar pump pressure often means better quality espresso as more flavor is extracted.